Monday 27 November 2006

I miss Tokyo

Yes I do, and I thought I needed a place to be able to vent all my missingness out on, so I got this blog going. A blog? Why is it called a blog? What does that stand for?! Someone told me it meant "web-log", so why leave out the "w" and "e"? Anyway, Tokyo. Here's the shortest version I can muster: I lived there from July 2004 to March 2006. My job was an English teacher for Nova, a terrible company that thankfully has pretty low expectations of its employees so life was easy and almost totally stress-free. The easy nature of the work (basically chatting to people eight times a day) allowed lots of activities outside of the workplace, and while most people decied to spend all their money on booze and trying to recreate their home country (man, I met some sad cases), I managed to get lots done, playing the piano for comedy clubs, composing music for Nova's kids CDs (hey, I'm platinum in Japan!) and for a musical, running workshops for Japanese comedians and doing lots of other great weird and fun things that I got paid for!

Now I'm back in the UK, and all I can do is remember Tokyo. So, I should probably go back. Well, over the course of this blog, I guess that will be decided. And this blog will end with a decision one way or another. I have no idea which way it will go. I'll keep you updated if you are interested.

Trevor

1 comment:

Emi said...

hey i just read your entire blog
and its been about a year since you last posted, how are you?
do you still miss it?
god know i do.